New Favorite Vegetable Side-Dish!

Despite the fact that it was 80 degrees yesterday in Boston, Summer is over. Jess and I had a great season in Provincetown. The weather was great this year. I was ready to return to normal life, though. I always enjoy the change of seasons. I have also really missed my kitchen.

Last night I made Pan-Seared Tuna with Tomato-Basil Sauce along with Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic. I had made the tuna once before, with somewhat better results. Then, I used some beautiful tuna steaks that Jess' parents had actually caught the day before. (Best Tuna EVER!) Also, the tomatoes before were much better. Still, the tuna was very good. The recipe is a keeper.

The real discovery was the cauliflower. I don't know why it had never occurred to me to roast it. The florets got golden and crispy--cooked through without going mushy. It's amazing how good something simple can be. See the recipes below.

p.s. The tuna is not as thoroughly cooked as it appears in this photo. I like my tuna medium-rare. Jess likes his rare. Both our steaks were cooked to perfection, by Jess.

1 comment:

phoenix316 said...

Mm-mm! Makes me yearn for our off-season, complimentary fine dining moments at 'home' (Boston). You have my permission to experiment on me!